Choosing gifts for an older adult can sometimes be challenging. It may feel like your parent or grandparent has everything they want or need. Finding something meaningful might feel tough.
We have birthday, anniversary, and other gift ideas for your older loved ones whether they live in a senior living community or private home.
Gift Ideas for an Adult Who Lives in a Senior Living Community
If your senior loved one calls an independent, assisted living, or memory care community home, the challenge of finding them a gift can feel especially daunting. Most communities have features and amenities designed to meet residents’ every need or desire.
Residents in Senior Living Communities might especially enjoy:
- Framed family photos or a photo album of loved ones
- A calendar with important family dates and photos
- A gift certificate to the community’s beauty/barber shop
- An iPad or other tablet device
- Puzzles and games to play with the grandkids
- Puzzle books
- A magazine subscription
- A gift card to an arts and crafts supply store
- Comfortable clothes for workouts in the community’s fitness center
The Gift of Time Is the Best of All
Spend time with your loved ones–visits don’t have to be long. They just have to know you are not ‘too busy’ for them.
Experience gifts are also great for loved ones wherever they reside. Talk to almost any older adult and they’ll tell you time spent with family is priceless.
A few experience gift ideas include:
- A family dinner in the senior living community’s private dining room or a local restaurant
- An outing to a local play or sporting event
- A movie night either at a nearby movie theater
If you or an older loved one has been considering moving to a senior living community, spring is a great time to start the search. There’s no better way to learn more than with a personal visit. We invite you to contact us and schedule a tour. 630-898-7844.